Time & Location
Jun 25, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CDT
Virtual, via Zoom
About the Event
In Swedish 2, students build on their prior basics of Swedish to form more complex sentences. Word order is discussed at length, guiding students on how to form questions and statements alike. Working vocabulary will be bolstered with adjectives such as colors and words of quantity, all during discussion of engaging topics such as family and holidays. Conversation is a cornerstone of activity in this course.
Previous enrollment in Swedish 1 is not a requirement to join!
For this course we recommend the following book: Basic Swedish: A Grammar and Workbook by Ian Hinchliffe and Philip Holmes, part of the Routledge Grammar Workbooks series.
- Basic Word Order : Questions and Statements
- Demonstrative nouns (denna, etc.)
- Reflexive nouns (sig, etc.)
- Possessive nouns (min, din, etc.)
- Color Adjectives
- Quantity Adjectives (många, mycket, etc.)
- Helping Verbs and Basic Adverbs
- Forming Future and Complex Past Tenses
- Family and Swedish Kinship
- Seasonal/holiday words and songs
Sundays, 5:00–6:00 p.m. Central June 4, 11, 18, 25; July 2, 9 (6 weeks) Virtual/Zoom Register by noon on June 4
$150 / Non-members $130 / Members Free / Benefactor-level members